Friday, March 2, 2018

Embryo Adoption :: Our Journey {2017}

Even though we were holding Eli and Maddie in our arms, we still had 2 more embryos waiting for us. So our journey wasn't over! :)


February 2017: Mike and I started talking about when we might do another transfer. We knew Eli and Maddie were only 3 months old, but we had 2 more embryos waiting for us. And as much as we love having our twins, we were considering only transferring one embryo at a time, in an effort to avoid having another set of twins. With that being the case, we would want to do transfers sooner.



March 15, 2017: I went to see my OB to talk about some postpartum issues. {Gotta recover completely from the first delivery, before we can think about another!} I had blood work drawn and they found that my prolactin levels were elevated again.

March 20, 2017: What is a Rainbow Baby?

March 23, 2017: Repeat blood work fasting, but my prolactin levels are still elevated, so my OB sends me to get an MRI.

April 7, 2017: Went in for my MRI. Side Note: the tech reminded me of Gale Boetticher from Breaking Bad :)

April 19, 2017: Got my MRI results.

May 5, 2017: Had my first consult with the neurosurgeon. {includes an explanation of why this whole process is even part of our EA journey}

May 14, 2017: My first Mother's Day {To the Mama Hearts + Baby Dedication}

June 18, 2017: Mike's first Father's Day {To the Daddy Hearts + Father's Day}

June 20, 2017: Had my appointments with the endocrinologist to check hormone levels and with the neuro-ophthalmologist to check visual fields


July 31, 2017: Repeat MRI

August 18, 2017: That Time Jesus Healed My Tumor - we got the "all clear" from the neurosurgeon for an embryo transfer. He even gave me a prescription to give to my RE and said, "go forth and procreate" {he's a bit of an odd duck haha}

September 1, 2017: Consult with my RE to discuss another frozen embryo transfer {starting the journey to baby #3!}

September 15, 2017: Mock Transfer + Hysteroscopy- all clear for another FET!! :)

September 26, 2017: FET Consult

September 29, 2017: Colonoscopy {routine for Crohn's...I just happened to be due for one}...last hurdle before transfer and we're all set to move forward with a transfer cycle!!

September 30, 2017: Started taking Cabergoline again...to keep my prolactin levels low, so my body isn't confused when it's time for our transfer.

October 13, 2017: Officially started our transfer cycle...here we go again! :)


October 14, 2017: Started taking Estrace. I will take it in increasing amounts to thicken the lining of my uterus, getting it nice and ready for baby to snuggle in...I am also continuing to take my prenatal vitamin, vitamin D, and Cabergoline.


October 15, 2017: The Babies Lost Too Soon

October 27, 2017: Lining check sonogram; started PIO injections

November 2, 2017: Transfer Day!

November 13, 2017: Blood Pregnancy Test- negative :(  Connor

November 17, 2017: Started our {last} transfer cycle

November 25, 2017: Embryo Adoption Awareness Day

December 1, 2017: Lining check sonogram


December 6, 2017: Started PIO injections

December 12, 2017: {Our Last} Transfer Day!

December 18, 2017: My Last "Two Week Wait"

December 21, 2017: Home Pregnancy Test

December 22, 2017: Blood Pregnancy Test

December 26, 2017: Beta #2

December 28: 5 Weeks



No comments:

Post a Comment