Thursday, March 15, 2018

16 Weeks


How far along? 16 weeks
Days since transfer: 93 days
Total weight gain: +4.0
Maternity clothes? Not yet. But I feel like I could be close, especially for more comfort. And plus, it's finally getting warmer, so it's time for a bit of a wardrobe change anyway.
Sleep: Oh sleep. I have had quite a bit of insomnia this week. Which is just annoying. The plus side? I can feel little flutters in the wee hours of the night when I'm up :)
Best moment of the week: Seeing our sweet boy healthy and active on the ultrasound screen! {even if it was unplanned and in the ER} But really, to have confirmation that he was ok after a bleeding scare, was just about the best thing that could happen this week. It was so fun to see him do flips, do karate kicks, and then suck his thumb! Also, my mom has been in town for her spring break, so we have enjoyed LOTS of grandma time!
Cravings: Nothing really, this week. Although, guacamole sounds pretty good right now...
Symptoms: I had some off and on spotting and cramping that thankfully seem to have subsided for the most part. This week I actually felt pregnant. I feel like my belly officially popped out, and I am finding it harder and harder to find comfortable positions to be in. Now, if I could just get rid of the insomnia...
Looking forward to: Hopefully an uneventful weekend! Last weekend was a little too much "excitement" {with an ER visit}, so I am hoping for an actual quiet and relaxing weekend :)

-------

Size of baby? About the size of an avocado, an eclair, a Coke can, or a Blackberry phone
Development: Lots going on this week! Baby is weighing 3 to 4 ounces, and his backbone and tiny muscles are gaining strength. He is starting to make a few expressive frowns and squints, and his eyes are able to perceive light. His skin is still translucent, but he has eyebrows and eyelashes. He can also hear my voice!
Heartbeat: In the 150s when I saw the midwife on Tuesday!
Movement: Every time we check in on him {doppler or ultrasound}, he is constantly moving. The flutters I feel are still pretty inconsistent...I am ready for some of those baby kicks! :)
Gender Predictions? It's a BOY! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment