Thursday, March 1, 2018

14 Weeks


I can actually start posting these updates as they happen now! {I will backdate the first trimester soon!} :)

How far along? 14 weeks
Days since transfer: 79 days
Total weight gain: +3.0
Maternity clothes? Not yet, but still living in stretchy clothes. And I basically look like I ate 3 burritos for lunch all the time :)
Sleep: I have slept a lot better this week. I even had a few nights where I slept so hard that I didn't even wake up to pee in the middle of the night.
Best moment of the week: Making our public announcement! Family and a few close friends already knew our good news, but it was fun to finally make everything public and share with the world!
Cravings: Still wanting those Sour Patch Kids...I don't eat them every time I crave them, but I sure want to!
Symptoms: I have felt pretty weepy this week...which is a completely new symptom for me. I never felt like this with my twin pregnancy. And even with my monthly cycles, I haven't really felt like this since high school. Maybe I'm tired, maybe I have cabin fever, maybe it's trying to chase toddlers all day....but I think it's pregnancy hormones that make all of these things intensified. And it's kind of annoying and weird haha.
Looking forward to: Our next ultrasound! We haven't seen baby since 8 weeks, so I am SUPER ready to see this sweet one's profile!

-------

Size of baby? About the size of a Twinkie, an 8 oz. filet mignon, one of the original 1977 Star Wars action figures {shout out to Uncle Bryan!}, or a Rubik's Cube {shout out to Uncle Ben!}
Development: Baby might be sprouting some hair and eyebrows already. The roof of his mouth is developing, and his intestines are producing meconium {the waste that will become his first bowel movement after birth}.
Heartbeat: Sounded SO beautiful at my OB appointment yesterday! Running in the 160s again :)
Movement: It's SUPER early, but I have definitely started feeling flutters this week! Now that I know what I am supposed to feel, I can easily distinguish the gas from baby :)  Also, he was moving A LOT when my OB was trying to catch his heartbeat!
Gender Predictions? It's a BOY! :)



2 comments:

  1. Yay for baby bump updates! I went back and read them all haha. Love the felt board and all the different things you’re putting on it. So excited for you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It’s going to test my creativity...I might not have enough stuff for possibly 40 weeks haha.

      Delete