Friday, March 9, 2018

Another ER Visit

When I was 10.5 weeks with Eli and Maddie, I had a scary visit to the ER. Thankfully, everything turned out ok and my babies were just causing a little bit of trouble :)

Well, this little one is turning out to be just like his brother and sister. I woke up this morning with some bleeding and cramping, and I immediately started to panic. There really is no good way to describe the panic you feel when you start bleeding in pregnancy, especially when you have a history of loss. We just heard his heartbeat last week, and I have had zero complications with this pregnancy, so this came out of nowhere. 

I called my OB and she literally had just booked the last appointment of the day and they couldn't get me in until Monday {of course}. So they sent me to the ER. Which I am glad, because I probably would have gone on my own anyway. There's no way I would have been able to go the weekend without checking in on him in some way.

The ER staff at Baylor McKinney was really great, and I am thankful for the ability to access healthcare. They got me in for an ultrasound, and the sonographer was really great to let me see baby boy! They normally don't, and can't really tell patients anything {allowing the doctors to do that}, but she saw that he was looking good, so she let me see him. And boy was he active! He was all over the place haha. He would curl up into a ball and then kick his leg out {like a karate kick}, and then he'd do a few flips and suck his thumb :)  There are also no good ways to describe the relief you feel when you see your baby is doing really well!

They did a pelvic exam and ran blood work, and everything looked good. By definition, the ER doctor said he had to label me "threatened miscarriage." Which is TERRIFYING. I hate that. It's frustrating to not really have an answer or reason for the bleeding, but because baby boy was measuring right on track with a good heartbeat, and there were no signs of me progressing into labor, he really wasn't concerned. I will have to follow up with my OB on Monday, but I am just so thankful things look ok for now. 

There is a possibility it's another subchorionic hemorrhage {SCH}, as they saw a small one on my 8 week ultrasound.  It's what the issue was when I had to go to the ER with Eli and Maddie. And sometimes they don't know the reason. I did also have to get the Rhogam shot again {because of my blood type}. I would have had to have it later in the pregnancy, but they gave it to me early as a precaution.

Silly boy, already causing problems :)

So...not exactly how I planned to spend my Friday {I was in the ER 5 hours...which seriously pushed the limits of this hungry pregnant mama!}. Apparently my children like to give me panic attacks and keep me on my toes. So much for an uneventful pregnancy! But so, so thankful for God's protection. 


No comments:

Post a Comment