Thursday, March 22, 2018

17 Weeks

Sorry for the weird, washed out photo...super sunny day, and I was in a hurry :)

How far along? 17 weeks
Days since transfer: 100 days
Total weight gain: +4.5
Maternity clothes? Does it count if the clothing is not maternity, but I wore it when I was pregnant with twins?? Haha! I have realized that I got better at collecting stretchy, comfortable clothing during my twin pregnancy and after Eli and Maddie were born...so I definitely have more give in my "regular" clothes :)  
Sleep: I have slept better this week...I am sure that is more due to my exhaustion at the end of the day since we dropped down to 1 nap a day in our house. This preggo twin mama is TIRED haha.
Best moment of the week: Dropping down to 1 nap with relative ease...maybe? Haha I am still 50/50 on this. I miss the break in the morning while Eli and Maddie nap, and it definitely takes up more energy to keep them occupied for such a long stretch of time. But I am excited about our schedule finally opening up a bit more to go do some fun things in the mornings!
Cravings: Nothing specific this week. Though I smelled some onion rings the other day, and my mouth almost starting watering because they smelled SO good. I don't even like onion rings! haha
Symptoms: So I don't feel big yet {at least my bump doesn't feel as heavy...since there's only 1 baby in there!}, but I think I look big. I can definitely tell my bump is sitting differently. With the twins, my bump was just out there and big all over. With this little guy, my bump just sticks straight out {and maybe just a little farther}. But it's a strange little bump, right smack in the middle of my abdomen, kind of like a tiny bowl or ball is hidden under my belly button :)  But as far as actual symptoms go, I have had some continued on/off spotting, but nothing that has me overly concerned. Otherwise, I am feeling pretty good!
Looking forward to: Fun time with the cousins this weekend, and finally getting into a good groove with our new 1 nap schedule! 

-------

Size of baby? About the size of a large order of fries or a toilet paper roll
Development: His ears are fully formed, and body fat is beginning to form. He is practicing his sucking and swallowing skills, and fingerprints are beginning to form as well.
Heartbeat: His heart is now regulated by his brain {so no more random beats}
Movement: Still not feeling anything consistent. I know it may still be a few weeks before I feel those beautiful kicks, but I am definitely ready to feel him now!
Gender Predictions? It's a BOY! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment