Monday, June 6, 2016

17 Weeks


Sorry for the late post! We were out of town, and I am working in the office this week :)

How far along? 17 weeks 
Days since transfer: 101 days
Total weight gain: +7.0
Maternity clothes? Yep. I can still wear a lot of my shirts, but pants are becoming fairly scarce; I can no longer button most of them. If it doesn't have an elastic waste, forget it.  I had to go buy maternity jeans before our trip to Chicago.
Sleep: I am sleeping pretty well these days. I have been on the go A LOT recently, so when it's time for bed, I'm out :)
Best moment of the week: Spending the weekend in Chicago with sweet friends. We got to celebrate all of the prayers the Lord has answered and share our story with multiple people. It's just so fun that so many people are so excited for us.
Cravings: My sister-in-law introduced me to a kale salad with homemade balsamic dressing...and it's all I think about. At least it's something super healthy, right?
Symptoms: I feel very "stretched out." And I know I have only begun that process. I have also started feeling back and sciatica pain, which isn't awesome, but I can usually walk around and work it out.
Looking forward to: Summer! I love the warmer weather and all the sunshine :)

-------

Size of baby? About the size of a pomegranate or turnip, a creme brulee, or a chipmunk {about 5 to 5.5 inches or 5 oz}
Development: Babies' brains are starting to control their hearts, and their umbilical cords are strengthening. Most of the major development is already done, so babies are putting on fat and their skeletons are ossifying. Baby girl already has ovaries full of eggs.
Heartbeat: Hearts are beating up to 150 times per minute...we get to hear them again next week!
Movement: Still in the waiting phase. Every now and then, I think "maybe??" but I can't be sure. I'm glad we will get to SEE them move next week!
Gender: We're having a BOY and a GIRL :)



No comments:

Post a Comment