Monday, June 20, 2016

19 Weeks


How far along? 19 weeks {technically, with twins, I am already half way!}
Days since transfer: 115 days
Total weight gain: +9.4
Maternity clothes? Yep! I was blessed with several items to borrow, and I am so thankful that I haven't had to purchase much yet. I am a little nervous that the items borrowed won't last much longer, but we'll just have to wait and see.
Sleep: Sleeping pretty well these days. I am not taking as many naps these days, so it's nice to have some energy back!
Best moment of the week: Seeing our babies moving on the ultrasound screen and hearing that they are growing healthy and strong! We loved seeing all their tiny organs and their constant activity {even if they were kicking each other}. We also scheduled our maternity photos, signed up for our hospital tour and some childbirth classes, and got our nursery glider! Big week :)
Cravings: Not really. Just trying to eat healthy.
Symptoms: The back and sciatica pain hasn't been as bad this week, and I am so thankful! I can definitely feel myself growing though. There are times when I feel SO stretched out, like my belly feels so tight...that's usually about the time I seem to grow. My skin has been doing crazy things, and I have been breaking out for the first time since I was in high school {awesome}. And random funny thing: I had surgery on my belly button when I was first born, so it's kind of a strangely shaped/scarred innie. This week I noticed a nice white ring around my belly button, which is evidence that my skin is stretching {since it was skin previously hidden inside my belly button} haha. Pregnancy is WEIRD.
Looking forward to: Hearing our babies' heartbeats {again} at my OB appointment this evening. I am also helping with the decor at a sweet friend's wedding this weekend, so I get to play event planner for the weekend :)

-------

Size of baby? About the size of zucchini or tomato, a Game Boy, or an African four-toed hedgehog :)
Development: Babies have gone through a massive growth spurt and now weigh 10 oz. and 9 oz. They have started to develop the vernix caseosa, which protects their skin from the amniotic fluid {to protect them from disease, and so they don't become baby prunes!} Their bones are hardening, and baby girl's uterus is already in place. Their coordination is improving every day, giving them better control over their arms and legs. They are practicing their facial expressions, including opening and closing their mouths, as well as sucking their thumbs!
Heartbeat: Still one of my favorite sounds, and still nice and strong!
Movement: With what we saw on the ultrasound screen this week, there's no mistaking the flutters and thumps I have felt the last couple of weeks. It's still not consistent, but it is definitely unmistakable at this point. 
Gender: We're having a BOY and a GIRL :)



No comments:

Post a Comment