Thursday, March 29, 2018

18 Weeks


How far along? 18 weeks
Days since transfer: 107 days
Total weight gain: +6.5
Maternity clothes? Still just stretchy clothes {that probably should be considered maternity}. My belly band is getting a little too small, so...there's that.
Sleep: I have been pretty tired this week...maybe it's the rainy weather? But overall I have been sleeping well. I am starting to wake up stiff and slightly uncomfortable, so I might be getting close to pulling out my trusty Snoogle :)
Best moment of the week: Feeling baby boy move a little more! It's still pretty faint, and I definitely have to be sitting still to feel his little kicks, but it's starting to get a little more recognizable and consistent. Also, getting a little more into the groove of our new 1 nap routine. I really wish that Eli and Maddie would take a super long nap in the afternoon, but I think those days are {sadly} behind me. 
Cravings: I have been craving Chick Fil A waffle fries...probably because I can't eat them, and I ate one when we had CFA recently {every now and then, I will allow myself the joy of eating just one. Just to have that sweet taste for a brief moment}. But now I just want waffle fries. EVERY DAY. ALL the time. Mike wonders what my pregnancy cravings/eating habits would look like if I didn't have my Crohn's dietary restrictions...and I am pretty sure I would gain way more than the recommended amount of weight. So it's probably a really good thing I have disease-specific restrictions :)
Symptoms: Nothing pregnancy-specific. Just starting to feel bigger...though I am amazed at how "light" my belly feels at this point. Turns out that one baby vs. two makes a HUGE difference! 
Looking forward to: Our anatomy scan tomorrow!! Can't wait to see our little one and see how he is growing!

-------

Size of baby? About the size of table-side guacamole, a pint of Ben & Jerry's ice cream, or a tall decaf Frappuccino with whipped cream :)
Development: He has mastered the art of the yawn, and he is also hiccuping {which I haven't felt yet, but am secretly excited to feel soon}! His nerves are forming more complex connections, and his hearing is growing more acute {making him more conscious of noises coming from outside my body}. 
Heartbeat: Can't wait to hear that sweet sound tomorrow!
Movement: He's moving all over the place, and I am starting to feel him a little more!
Gender Predictions? It's a BOY! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment