Friday, March 30, 2018

High Five for Friday!

{one} So we have officially transitioned to 1 nap a day around here. I have felt that Eli and Maddie were getting close, but I assumed it would take longer to transition. I thought we would have to slowly merge their morning and afternoon naps, slowly moving that to later in the afternoon. But they literally just skipped their morning nap one day, and that was that. They are doing great with their new schedule! This introvert mama, on the other hand, is still adjusting. Not having that morning "break" has proved a little difficult, and can make for some really long days. Especially since they didn't extend their afternoon nap at all. But I know I will adjust soon, and I will appreciate having the mornings open to go do some fun things!

{two} I have really been enjoying the By Faith Podcast with Christine Hoover. It's no secret that I enjoy and appreciate Christine's writing, so it has been fun to listen to her discuss faith topics with varying guests. It has really been an encouragement to my heart.



{three} Just for fun...I filled out my own Disney/Pixar bracket. It has been floating around the social media-sphere, and I thought it would be fun to see how it came out. Of course, I am partial to the Disney movies from my childhood. I will say, I was disappointed in some of the movies listed over some of the classics, like Snow White and Cinderella, Bambi or Lady & the Tramp. And I honestly view The Lion King, Aladdin, and Beauty & the Beast on the same level of favorites...with Beauty & the Beast with a slight edge, purely for nostalgia. Belle is my favorite :)  



{four} This morning, Eli had a follow up appointment for his glasses. They wanted to make sure he was adjusting well to wearing his glasses, as well as be sure his prescription was right. We think he has adjusted pretty well, and we already see a difference in his eye crossing. Maddie still tries to take his glasses and wear them herself, but we have hope she'll eventually lose interest. The check up went  really well, and Eli is such a rockstar! He does so well with doctor appointments; he is super patient and obedient with whatever they have to do. And he is also super popular- everyone fawns all over him and tells him how cute he is. And he eats. it. up.   :)



{five} We plan to have a quiet Easter weekend. Mike will be helping with music at church, and my brother is planning to come over for lunch. With the busyness of the past few weeks, I am thankful for the opportunity to slow down a bit this weekend. I feel like I haven't done well in preparing my heart leading up to this Easter, but I am thankful for the ability to celebrate the resurrection and the gift of new life in Jesus. Hosanna!


No comments:

Post a Comment