Monday, May 30, 2016

16 Weeks



How far along? 16 weeks 
Days since transfer: 94 days
Total weight gain: +5.2
Maternity clothes? Some. I have had a few people drop off some maternity clothes for me to borrow, which makes it so much easier to make the transition. I have a feeling I'm going to get big fast. When I went to my OB appointment and she prepared to use the doppler, she made the comment about how babies were sure making their presence known already {commenting on my growing belly}. I think it was her nice way of saying, "dang, girl. you're growing big fast!"  :)
Sleep: I definitely sleep better with my Snoogle. I am still waking up a couple times a night to pee, but am able to go back to sleep fairly quickly. I was feeling pretty tired this week, when I realized that I had missed taking my B-12 shot. So I am hoping that starts to make a difference as I gain some second trimester energy back.
Best moment of the week: Hearing our babies' heartbeats on the doppler at my OB appointment! That sound will never get old, and I am thankful they are growing strong. I also finished the baby quilts this week, which was kind of fun!
Cravings: I don't know if I would call this a craving, but it's certainly something I am really enjoying right now...a Caprese flat and mixed green salad with carrots and a pickle from Corner Bakery. If I had unlimited funds, I would eat that every day.
Symptoms: Other than being tired from lack of B-12, I feel good! My back has started to hurt and my body is aching a bit, but I am sure that's all growing pains.
Looking forward to: Heading to Chicago for a wedding. It will be a nice little getaway with my love in the windy city :)

-------

Size of baby? About the size of an avocado, a dill pickle, or an action figure {about 4.5-5 inches}
Development:  Babies' ears are in place and they can hear my heartbeat and our voices! Their eyes are still closed, but they can detect light through my belly. They are growing like crazy now, and it's obvious by my growing belly.
Heartbeat: At 15 weeks + 1 day, both heartbeats were strong! Both measured in the 150-160 range, and it was the absolute sweetest sounds. 
Movement: I am anxiously awaiting when I can feel babies move! I am pretty sure anything I have felt this week has been gas, been I find myself paying attention to everything. Hopefully soon! When the OB was using the doppler, it was difficult to get a steady read because they were both moving so much :)
Gender: We're having a BOY and a GIRL :)


No comments:

Post a Comment