Monday, May 23, 2016

15 Weeks


How far along? 15 weeks 
Days since transfer: 87 days
Total weight gain: +4.0
Maternity clothes? Not yet. But things are starting to not fit like they used to...
Sleep: Sleep was actually a little more difficult this week. I think because I stopped taking my nausea medication {which is basically a combo of B6 and Unisom}, my body was adjusting to life without that extra sleep aid. I did seem to sleep better when my Snoogle pillow arrived. I'm a back sleeper {never intentionally}, and I was waking up increasingly more uncomfortable. I knew I needed to kick the back sleeping habit before I'm too big to move, so we made the investment in this glorious pregnancy pillow.
Best moment of the week: Getting to spend time and hang out with my parents and brother. Seeing my mom's excitement at my growing baby bump :)
Cravings: I think the cravings have passed...there's not much I really crave. I'm just trying to eat healthy!
Symptoms: No more nausea! I successfully weaned off my nausea meds, and I feel great! I am starting to gain back a little bit of energy, which is fantastic!
Looking forward to: Checking on our babies at my OB appointment tomorrow! 

-------

Size of baby? About the size of a hass avacado or a navel orange, an eclair, or a yellow canary. Little baby canaries! :) {about 4 to 4.5 inches}
Development: Babies are looking more human and less alien-like :) They are inhaling amniotic fluid, practicing to help develop their lungs. Eyes and ears are moving into place, and babies are now sensitive to light. They can bend their knees and elbows, and I'm waiting to start feeling flutters!
Heartbeat: Little hearts are now capable of pumping 25 quarts of blood a day! I'm excited to hear their heartbeats tomorrow!
Movement: Nothing yet, but I am paying super close attention. I'm still in the, "is that a flutter or just gas" stage, but hopefully I will start feeling our little ones soon!
Gender: We're having a BOY and a GIRL :)



No comments:

Post a Comment