Monday, May 2, 2016

12 Weeks

There are 2 babies in there! :)

How far along? 12 weeks 
Days since transfer: 66 days
Total weight gain: +1.2 
Maternity clothes? Still too early, but loving all things stretchy. I can actually see the start of a baby bump! :)
Sleep: I have been feeling pretty tired. I know that when I am able to start exercising again that my energy level will improve.
Best moment of the week: Seeing both our babies wiggling around on the ultrasound screen at my follow-up OB appointment.
Miss anything? Not really.
Cravings: I have had some cravings for things I can't eat {hot dogs, hamburgers, french fries}, but that could just be because I can't have those things. Turkey dogs, turkey burgers, and baked fries will have to do!
Symptoms: I thought my nausea had gone away, so I stopped taking my nausea meds. But then the nausea came back, so I decided to take that for a little bit longer.
Looking forward to: Our Level II ultrasound on Friday, taking pictures with Lindsay for our announcement, and actually making our official announcement! 

-------

Size of baby? About the size of an apricot, a large plum, or a toy soldier
Development: Babies are starting to practice their breathing by inhaling amniotic fluid. They are starting to develop reflexes as their little brains grow, and they are curling their fingers and toes! Nerve endings are developing, so they will respond to a poke in the belly. Kidneys are beginning to function and their little necks are starting to form.
Heartbeat: The tiny hearts are beating away! Can't wait to hear them again on Friday!
Movement: I can't feel it yet, but babies are now moving like crazy. They will respond to a poke in the belly by wriggling around.
Gender predictions? We're just hoping for 2 healthy babies!


**This post was written at 12 Weeks, but was not published until after we made our official announcement. I back-dated to the actual day so we could have all of this for our own records and memories.**


No comments:

Post a Comment