Monday, July 31, 2017

Repeat MRI

Today I had a repeat MRI. There was a miscommunication and scheduling error, so I had to go to Frisco for this one. This is the third MRI I have had in my life, and of all the medical procedures I have faced, this one is pretty simple. The worst part is the needle prick {which I hardly feel now} for the saline and contrast. Otherwise, it's kind of nice to have 45 minutes of calm. The machine is loud, and I didn't get music at this imaging center, but I just closed my eyes and prayed.

I have to admit that I have really struggled with feeling anxious about this tumor. There are so many good aspects of this process so far, but I am just so weary of health issues. It's more the thought of surgery and recovery. What will that look like? How long will recovery be? Will I be able to pick up my babies? I know the Lord will provide, as He always does...it's just a daily battle. Just trying to be honest with where I am right now.

When I got home from my MRI, Mike presented me with flowers, brownies, and a Sonic drink. He knows the keys to my heart :)


I'll meet with the neurosurgeon on August 17 to discuss the results of the MRI and next steps.


No comments:

Post a Comment