Monday, May 15, 2017

Mother's Day 2017 :: Baby Dedication

There was also a lot of excitement and anticipation for this Mother's Day. After all the years of waiting to celebrate with babies in my arms, this was a special day for us. It had finally come, and both my mama heart and hands were full. I was able to celebrate with my two precious snowflakes, so I will forever be grateful for the gift of Embryo Adoption and how the Lord led us to grow our family.

#matchinglikebosses

Mike had given me my Mother's Day present early, so the {happy} tears started early in the weekend :)  He made me a photo book of our babies, and I absolutely LOVE it!


My parents came into town, so we got to spent time with them this weekend as well. Eli and Maddie got to soak up some good time with Grandma and Grandpa, and Uncle Michael made an appearance as well.



Mother's Day was extra special this year, because we stood before our church and promised to raise our little ones in the knowledge and love of Christ, to the best of our ability. We dedicated Eli and Maddie on Mother's Day morning, and it took all my strength not to bawl the whole time. Standing on that stage with my babies in my arms was such a huge moment for us. For years I had watched other mamas dedicate their babies to Jesus and longed for the day when it could be me. And all of a sudden, that day was here. There were no words to express my gratitude, my joy, and my love for these precious gifts.

We were so grateful that Pastor Bill was able to facilitate the dedication. He has been such a sweet encouragement to us throughout our journey, so it was special to have him there to celebrate with us. Ben and Lindsay took photos for us, but until we get those from them, we are thankful for the photos some of our sweet Community Group members took for us!





It was also special to dedicate Eli and Maddie at the same time that Clint and Kelly dedicated Gioia and Becca and Drew dedicated Lettie. Sweet friends and even sweeter babies.


Thank you, Jesus for these precious baby loves. We pray that You would give us grace as we parent them, and we ask for your wisdom as we teach them about You. We want more than anything for them to know and follow You. We want their adoption story to point them to the adoption we have through Jesus. We love You Jesus, and we are so thankful for how You walked with us in the valley, took care of us through the heartache, and turned our mourning into dancing. 

They were WAY more interested in the sign than a photo, but oh well :)

"I love the Lord, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy. Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live." (Psalm 116:1-2)


No comments:

Post a Comment