Friday, December 22, 2017

Blood Pregnancy Test

Since we had already taken a home pregnancy test yesterday, we knew that we would get positive news today. But it was still really great to hear it confirmed :)

The office closed early this afternoon for the Christmas holiday, so I actually got the phone call from my doctor, instead of the nurse. She called with the good news and said that my numbers were "phenomenal." They normally like to see a first beta of 50. My first beta was 554!! She was very pleased with that number and was very excited for us. 

We are BEYOND excited about our third baby, and we are so thankful for good numbers! I will go back on Tuesday to make sure my numbers are rising accordingly, but for now, we are rejoicing over the life of this tiny one!

-------

How far along? 4 weeks + 1 day
Beta Number: 554
Days since transfer: 10 days 
Meds: Stopped taking Cabergoline; day 35 of Estrace; day 17 of PIO
Total weight gain: None yet...although I just started fitting back into my pre-pregnancy jeans {comfortably} from my twin pregnancy, so I guess that's not going to last for long!
Maternity clothes? WAY too early...though I did have to unbutton my jeans this morning because, you know...bloating :)
Sleep: I slept really well last night. I wasn't as nervous since we had already taken a home pregnancy test, so I had no problem falling asleep
Best moment{s} of the week: Seeing the positive pregnancy test, being able to see those results with Mike, and hearing the doctor confirm "you are pregnant!" 
Miss anything? Nope
Cravings: Nothing. Though I have been SUPER thirsty this week.
Symptoms: I feel pretty normal. I have been tired from the progesterone, and have had some light cramping, but that's all common.
Looking forward to: Hearing that our beta numbers rose appropriately

-------

Size of baby? About the size of a grain of table salt or a spec of glitter {teeny tiny!}
Development: Already growing the cell layers that are the beginnings of the nervous system, hair, skin, GI tract, pancreas, liver, thyroid, skeleton, blood system, connective tissue, urogenital system, and muscles
Heartbeat: Too soon
Movement: Too soon
Gender predictions? We are just hoping for a healthy baby...this little one will be our family's tiebreaker!

**This post was written at 4 Weeks + 1 Day, but was not published until after we made our official announcement for our second pregnancy. I back-dated to the actual day so we could have all of this for our own records and memories.**


No comments:

Post a Comment