Thursday, December 28, 2017

5 Weeks


How far along? 5 weeks
Days since transfer: 16 days
Meds: Day 41 of Estrace, day 23 of PIO
Total weight gain: 0
Maternity clothes? Not yet...though I am partial to stretchy pants {not pregnancy related haha}
Sleep: I have been overly tired, while also experiencing a lot of insomnia. It's really annoying. I will wake up in the middle of the night having to pee, and then I can't go back to sleep. I know that happened some in my twin pregnancy, but I was able to take a nap during the day. It's not quite that easy now :)
Best moment of the week: Hearing that our beta numbers had risen and scheduling our sonogram! Mike and I were able to go out on a real date, and it was really good to spend time together without kiddos. We talked about boy and girl names, so that was really fun!
Cravings: No cravings. Just wanting a TON of lemon water.
Symptoms: I have had some nausea in the afternoons/evenings. It hasn't been bad, but it is definitely there.
Looking forward to: Enjoying the remainder of our Christmas/New Year break as a family...counting down the days until our sonogram!

-------

Size of baby? About the size of a chocolate chip, the head of a common nail, or the heart button on Instagram
Development: The circulatory system is already developing. Baby's heart is made up of 2 tiny channels called heart tubes, and they are already hard at work. The neural tube is also developing.
Heartbeat: While it's more likely in a week or two, the heartbeat can sometimes already be detected at 5 weeks! We haven't seen it yet, but how amazing is that?
Movement: Too soon to be felt.
Gender Predictions? We're just hoping for another healthy baby! This will be our family's tiebreaker :)



**This post was written at 5 Weeks, but was not published until after we made our official announcement. I back-dated to the actual day so we could have all of this for our own records and memories.**


No comments:

Post a Comment