Friday, December 1, 2017

Lining Check

Today we had our lining check for our final frozen embryo transfer. We have done this several times before, but it was a little strange waiting in the exam room, knowing it would be our last one.

In all of our past transfers, I have always received the green light to move forward to transfer. My body responded to the medication the way it was supposed to, and I got the final instructions to prep for transfer. But today didn't quite turn out the way we had hoped or planned. Unfortunately, my uterine lining wasn't thick enough, and the sonogram showed several follicles {which is a concern for ovulation, something the medication is supposed to prevent for a frozen embryo transfer cycle}. My lining was tri-laminar {triple line}, but only 6.4mm thick {needs to be at least 7.5mm}. 

I had blood work done to check my progesterone levels and to check to see if I had ovulated. The good news is that the blood work confirmed that I had NOT. Which for a frozen embryo transfer is what we want. So at least this transfer cycle isn't cancelled...at least not yet. 

So I will stay on my meds for a few more days and they will recheck my lining next week, in hopes that my lining thickens some more. If it does, then we will prep for a December 12th transfer. Praying that we don't have to cancel this cycle and start over at a later time, and that my body preps perfectly to make the best home for a baby.


No comments:

Post a Comment