Friday, September 15, 2017

Mock Transfer + Hysteroscopy

Today I had my mock transfer and hysteroscopy for {hopefully} baby #3! :)

I have had a mock transfer before, which is basically just a "practice run" for the actual transfer. It helps the doctor create a road map so there are no surprises on the day of the transfer. The hardest part is the full bladder :) 

We did the mock first, and then she let me pee {thankfully!} before we did the hysteroscopy. This was my third HSC {first was while I was under anesthesia with my laparoscopy, and the second was before we did our first transfer in 2015}. I was expecting this one to be uncomfortable, but it actually wasn't that bad! It's basically a chance for the doctor to look inside your uterus to make sure it's a good home for embryos. 

And the best news? I got the all clear for a transfer! I will admit that I was bracing myself for having to do another laparoscopy. But everything looked good, and we have an FET consult set for September 26. I would have done it sooner, but we're getting ready to head out to Crested Butte, so I had to wait until we got back :)

At this rate, we will be able to do a transfer at the end of October, end of November!!


No comments:

Post a Comment