Wednesday, February 11, 2015

{30 Before 30} :: A Recap

Well, I am officially 30!  :)

This was a fun list to work through, and I am so glad I decided to do it. While I wasn't able to complete everything, I am thankful for the ones I was able to cross of my list! 


1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8 // 9 // 10 // 11 // 12 // 13 // 14 // 15 // 16
17 // 18 // 19 // 20 // 21 // 22 // 23 // 24 // 25 // 26 // 27 // 28 // 29 // 30

Not too bad, considering my list was fairly ambitious for 1 year :)


The Ones I Didn't Cross Off the List {Before 30}
1. Sell Something I Have Made: I have a dream/hope to open an Etsy shop one day. Because I love crafting and DIY, and I just think it would be fun! I don't know exactly what this will look like, but it's definitely on my radar for the future...

3. Refinish a Piece of Furniture: I already have the piece picked out, I just have to do it. It's my childhood dresser that I want to paint to match a nursery someday :)

13. Take a Cooking Class: I still would like to do this, and we all know I could probably use this, as my cooking skills are not exactly spectacular. These can be expensive though, so if you hear of any good {less expensive} ones, let me know!

17. Become a Mom: I blogged about this yesterday.

18. Write My Will: This will definitely happen when we have kiddos. 

20. Pay for the Person Behind Me in the Drive-Thru: I realized that I am rarely in a drive-thru anymore. I could maybe count on one hand the number of times I have been through one since my Crohn's diagnosis. So maybe I will still do this one, if I happen to be in a drive-thru anytime soon :)

27. Go Hunting with my Dad: There was really only one opportunity for me to do this last year, but I chose to have a girls weekend with my mom instead of going hunting with the guys. But I still would like to experience it with my dad!

28. Read Through my Archaeological Bible: I made it through part of it, just not all of it before I turned 30. Call me a nerd, but I think it's SO interesting!

-------

I am not by nature an adventurous person. I don't have this crazy exciting and uber-interesting life. But as I sit back and look at both my reverse bucket list and my {30 Before 30} list, I am reminded of how truly blessed I am. I have had the opportunity for some really fun and amazing adventures, and I am so thankful for the gifts of family, friends, and community.

I am genuinely excited about my 30s, and I look forward to what the Lord has for us next. Every day is a gift, and I pray that I use the time I am given to love others well and praise the name of Jesus.



No comments:

Post a Comment