Wednesday, October 15, 2014

{30 Before 30} :: Read an Entire Book in One Day

I knew this would be a long shot, partly because of time, and partly because I'm a slow reader. But I was able to do it thanks to jury duty :)

I got called for federal jury service, so I had to go to the courthouse in Plano. While there was still a lot of sitting and waiting {hence the reason I was able to finish an entire book in one day}, it actually was a really interesting process. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but I am glad I didn't get picked to sit on the jury! I was thanked for my service to the eastern district court, and I don't have to serve again {in federal court} for another 2 years!

Because I had most of a day to devote to one book, I was able to finish You and Me Forever: Marriage in Light of Eternity by Francis and Lisa Chan.

Amazon
It was a good book, though it kind of felt like a mirror of Crazy Love, just with some marriage references thrown in. I believe marriages were designed to be a reflection of the gospel, so everything they said was spot on. But I probably would only recommend this book to someone who has been married several years as a good reminder of what marriage should be built on, not necessarily for an engaged couple looking for pre-marital resources. It was a solid book, just not what I expected.

I do however, LOVE, that 100% of the proceeds from this book go to providing food, shelter, and rehabilitation for suffering people around the world. That in itself is worth purchasing a copy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment