Friday, January 1, 2010

Crazy Love

Our girls' Bible study took a break from studying the book of John and decided to read Crazy Love by Francis Chan over the Christmas break. I was excited to read it because so many people have talked about it, and I had the opportunity to hear Francis Chan speak at the Fusion conference I went to in November. I just finished reading it, and I highly recommend it! It is an in-your-face, no glossing over look at what it means to be in a passionate love relationship with the God of the universe. "The fact that the Creator of nitrogen and pine needles, galaxies and E-minor...loves me with a radical, unconditional, self-sacrificing love" should change everything.

This book really challenged me to take an inventory of my heart and examine how I live my life for Him. I want to truly grasp the depth of God's love; and more importantly, I want to live my life in a way that looks crazy to the world in how I love the God who loves me. 

O God, I have tasted Your goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need for further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, I want to want You; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Your glory, so that I may know You indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow You up from this misty lowland where I have wandered so long. (A.W. Tozer from The Pursuit of God)

Jesus, I need to give myself up. I am not strong enough to love you and walk with you on my own. I can't do it, and I need you. I need you deeply and desperately. I believe you are worth it, that you are better than anything else I could have in this life or the next. I want you. And when I don't, I want to want you. Be all in me. Take all of me. Have your way with me.

So here's to a year of CRAZY LOVE...
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment