Sunday, January 31, 2010

Relaxing Weekend

This weekend was a welcome relief of rest and recuperation. I have been going non-stop for 2 weeks, as I faced several deadlines at work. When you work 60-70 hour work weeks (and especially 2 in a row), you realize just how much you need sleep and rest. But thankfully I survived the craziness and was able to get some rest this weekend.

Friday night I built a fire and enjoyed snuggling with my puppy; definitely a nice end to a busy week! Lately I have been frustrated with my apartment and have even contemplated moving. I think there is something wrong with my heater, because my bedroom doesn't actually get heat, and my electricity bills have quadrupled since November. Unfortunately, my concerns over a high electricity bill do not put me at the top of the maintenance priority list, so I will have to wait to find out what is going on. And Thursday night I came home to a leaking window. I do have to say though, my fireplace is one of the best features of my apartment! I know I can get a fireplace in a different apartment, but probably not for the same rent/good location. Who knows. We'll wait out the electricity investigation and then make some decisions...

Saturday I was able to catch up on cleaning, laundry, and errands. With my crazy schedule, several things had been neglected, so it was nice to get things back in order. And I finally have food in my fridge! Haha. I was also able to have coffee with my sweet friend Sami. She is such a sweet blessing in my life, and I always enjoy our conversations. We can talk about pretty much anything, and I have never had a friend who challenged me as much as she does in my walk with the Lord. She's the friend who asks the tough questions...and I LOVE that! We are a lot alike in personality (although I would say she is much more patient and loving than I am), so it's so great to have someone who understands my struggles and weaknesses. I am so grateful God brought her into my life!

And today I enjoyed a great morning at church, then a fun lunch at Sambuca with some sweet girls in my 20s group. I have spent the afternoon reading the Word and preparing for the rest of the week. I feel so refreshed and ready for a new week! I just have to say though...can anybody tell me where the heck January went?!?!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment