Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Fun Upcoming Events

How is it that one minute you have endless free weekends, and the next....not a free one in sight? Haha. My weekends are filling quickly with lots of random things, and it's really just a sign that the holidays are approaching. And that makes me VERY happy :) Here's a look at a few fun upcoming events that I am really looking forward to:

FUSION DALLAS+09
I am really looking forward to this conference. I will be going with my 20s group from church, and I can't wait! The Fusion Experience is an event for all 20 & 30 somethings in the DFW metroplex who love Jesus and want their lives to reflect their faith. I almost didn't go, but at the last minute felt like God really wanted me there. So I am excited to hear how He is going to speak.

BSF 50th Anniversary Gala
BSF is celebrating it's 50th anniversary, and I am excited to be able to attend the Jubilate Gala they are hosting to praise God for all the great work He has done. This is going to be a special evening of praise for the powerful work of God's Word across the globe in the past 50 years. It will be a special evening for my dad and the sweet staff at headquarters who have been such a big part of my life. I am so grateful for the faithful ministry of BSF; it has meant so much to my family and my own personal faith and growth in the Lord.

Thanksgiving 2009 in Dallas!
This year my parents are coming up here to spend Thanksgiving in Dallas with me and my brother. While part of me is going to miss the big family feast, I am super excited to have a nice quiet holiday with my parents and brother...just the four of us. Holidays tend to be so rushed and packed full of things to do when I go home, so I am looking forward to a relaxed Thanksgiving here...and not having to travel! :)

Laura's Birthday!
My sweet friend Laura's birthday is coming up in early December. I don't know yet what we are going to do to celebrate, but I am excited about celebrating with her! We will have to be sure to do something special to honor her special day :)

Christmas Parties!
Ok. I know it is just now November, but I already have 3 Christmas parties that I am planning to attend. And it just makes me so excited for Christmas! It's hard to think about Christmas, considering that the high on Friday is supposed to be 80 degrees...but we'll get there ;) I do have to throw this thought out there: while I am looking forward to Christmas, I have no intention of celebrating anything Christmas-related until the day after Thanksgiving. It's just not right. Why would you want to skip over the fun and blessing of Thanksgiving? Those of you who know me know that I have VERY strong feelings on this issue...absolutely NO Christmas music or decorations until AFTER Thanksgiving. I adhere to a very strict order of events ;) This is just a peak at the things I am looking forward to...

Skydiving For My Birthday
Since we're looking ahead to the things I am looking forward to...I REALLY want to go skydiving for my birthday!! I have always wanted to go skydiving; it's one of the things on my list of things to do before I die. My next birthday is a milestone year, so I wanted to do something special. So what better way to celebrate than to jump out of a plane?? I have opened it up to anyone who would like to jump with me, but even if I am the only one who jumps, I hope to be able to do this in February :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay for upcoming fun!! And I like making the list of fun things :) I LOVE Thanksgiving and Christmas time... so many great things to do at this time of year

    ReplyDelete