Sunday, November 1, 2009

Weekend-O-Fun

I was finally able to take some vacation time...I am only extending my weekend 3 days, but it's nice to have some time without having to think about work. Friday I had a leisurely morning; I slept in, enjoyed coffee and the Word in my pajamas, talked with my mom...really, I could have done that on a Saturday, but I enjoyed it 10x more simply because everyone else was at work :)

That night, I hosted our singles night, and we had a BYOP (Bring Your Own Pumpkin) Pumpkin Carving night. We had such a great time just hanging out and having a friendly competition with our designs. Here are some pictures from our night-o-fun:


Kelly and Clint hard at work

Smile for the camera!

Oh Laura...

Sweet Lindsey!

Melissa and Nathan cleaning out their pumpkins

Cutting wicks to get ready to light the finished pumpkins!

Look how fun our designs are! Can you guess which one is mine?
Last night, our 20s group was the clean up crew for the church's Kids' Karnival, and afterward we headed over the Cafe Brazil to hang out and enjoy the rest of Halloween. Today was a great Sunday, and I am looking forward to to having 2 more days off!

No comments:

Post a Comment