Tuesday, November 17, 2009

We Are Family

I am so thankful for my family. I am truly blessed by the amazing parents and brother that God has given me. I praise God for a family that loves and seeks after Christ. And I also praise God for the sweet relationship I have with each one of them.

I praise God for my earthly father. He is truly an example of steadfast faith and devotion to the God we serve. He is the humble and gracious picture of my Heavenly Father. My dad has taught me how to work hard, but more than that...to work as though I am working for the Lord. My dad has taught me the meaning of generosity and sacrifice. My dad loves me unconditionally, and he has shown me what a man of God should look like.

I praise God for my sweet mother. She is truly an example of faith in its purest form, and she is the epitome of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, and self-control. My mom loves me in spite of myself, and she is always there to pick up the pieces in my mess of a life. She speaks truth in grace and love, and she knows exactly what to say at the right time. My mom has taught me the meaning of patience and sweet service to other people.

I praise God for my brother, my friend. He is truly an example of fearless faith, and he has shown me what it means to live out your faith with boldness and perseverence. He speaks truth with courage and clarity, and I learn so much from his wisdom. He truly has a heart for others, and he is the picture of humility and selflessness. He has taught me the meaning of loving my neighbor as myself.

I love you and thank God for you!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment