Saturday, December 13, 2014

{30 Before 30} :: Practice My Calligraphy and Start Using it Again

I learned calligraphy when I was in middle school. It was actually a unit in my art class {how fun is that??} Anyway, in high school and college I used my calligraphy to help others with wedding invitations and diplomas. 

It had been awhile since I had practiced, so I knew I wanted to pick it up again. I actually veered a little from just calligraphy, per se, and focused on my hand lettering in general. And it's SO fun. I'm not super awesome at it yet, but I really enjoy hand lettering! :)

Making more cards for people was also a great opportunity for me to practice my calligraphy/hand-lettering on the envelopes. Here are just a few examples:





I plan to continue practicing my hand lettering...I guess it's my form of doodling :)


No comments:

Post a Comment