Monday, December 1, 2014

Crohn's Awareness Week 2014

This is my second year to blog for Crohn's & Colitis Awareness Week! It's strange to think that it has already been 2 years since my diagnosis. It's even stranger to think that I still have a lifetime of dealing with Crohn's. This is my normal now, but for some reason, it's still hard to get used to that. It's almost like I feel I will one day "graduate" from Crohn's and will get to move on without it. I pray that day comes, because it means they have found a cure. But I also have to resign myself to the fact that I may not see it in my lifetime. Maybe when I get a few years out, I will feel more "used to it."

Anyway, last year I outlined different aspects of Crohn's Disease, but this year I thought I would focus on answering some of the questions I get most often. How are you feeling? What's the difference between Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis? What's the difference between IBD and IBS? You don't look sick, are you really? What is it again that you can {or cannot} eat?  Why are you so tired all the time? Some of the info will overlap, but hopefully it can still be a good resource of information. At least for those who are interested :)

Not everyone's story is the same, but the more that people with IBD share their stories, the more awareness we can bring to our disease. It's not a club I would want anyone to join, but if you somehow find your way into the club, we Crohnie's need to stick together! :)


   

No comments:

Post a Comment