Thursday, May 1, 2014

{30 Before 30} :: {Finally} Learn How to Fold a Fitted Sheet

Ok seriously, ya'll. I am almost 30, and I could not fold a fitted sheet. For the life of me. 

I volunteered with the housekeeping staff for several summers at BSF, and they taught me several times. I figured I would just need practice and eventually get the hang of it. But every time I have tried, I just ended up cursing whoever invented fitted sheets, rolling the sheet into a half-fold/half-wad, and moving on with my life. 


Until now...

I set out to {finally} learn how to fold a fitted sheet. I graduated with a 4.0 from Baylor, for goodness sake! Surely I could figure this out. I found several tutorials online {which made me feel slightly better about my lack of fitted-sheet folding skills}, and just started practicing. I tried watching several videos, but they usually went too fast, and I just couldn't figure out which corner was corner #3  :)

I found this video tutorial from none-other than Martha Stewart, and I could totally empathize with the audience volunteer. 

This video tutorial is a little blurry, but it was the easiest for me to see the different corners everyone kept talking about haha!

This was also a helpful step-by-step that I found on Pinterest.


Not perfect, but definitely MUCH better :) 


I am embarrassed to admit that this took WAY longer than it should have, but I finally got it down! I don't have a Martha Stewart fold, but my sheets are neat and tidy and fit in their drawer with ease. 

Take THAT, fitted sheets :)


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this... I was finally able to fold a fitted sheet today! I have seen the step-by-step from Pinterest, but could never figure out what corners were where, etc. But I watched the 2nd video you posted and when I took our sheets out of the dryer I was able to fold out fitted sheet (not perfectly, but looks pretty good). Maybe I'll do all the things on your list this year too--isn't that what best friends are for?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha- I love it! Umm, and YES- that is what best friends are for :)

      Delete