Friday, May 23, 2014

High Five for Friday!

{one} Confession: I have been listening to George Strait on my iPhone all morning at work. I just was in a king-of-country-kind-of-mood :) It's crazy to me that he is almost done with his farewell tour...I grew up listening to George and LOVE his music! It's Friday...might as well "whistle while I work!"


{two} Mike recently accepted a full time job as a Marketing Lead Coordinator for a company that focuses on the stewardship and fundraising needs of churches. We are so excited about how the Lord has provided! Nothing is changing with the church plant, so that means he will be working full time and pastoring Redeemer as well. This is definitely the next season the Lord has for us, but we know it will be an adjustment, and we would covet your prayers for the transition ahead.

{three} We are in full VBS-prep mode! We are partnering with First Presbyterian to host VBS in June. We will have it in the evening, so I will be running from work to VBS...good thing it's right down the street! I am in charge of the craft time, so I am busy collecting supplies and getting things ready for the kiddos. We are excited about partnering with FPC and sharing Jesus with the kids in our neighborhood!

{four} Tonight we're hanging out with some friends at the Bike the Bricks event in downtown McKinney. None of us are participating in the bike races, but we thought it would be fun to watch. They shut down the square and set up food trucks for spectators. The weather is beautiful, and it will be fun to walk around and enjoy the festivities.

{five} I am definitely looking forward to a 3-day weekend. They always seem to come just at the right time. While I am thankful for the break from work, I am even more thankful for the men and women who have served our country and given their lives to protect our freedoms. This weekend, I am praying for the families who have lost a loved one.

Bing Images


No comments:

Post a Comment