Thursday, October 27, 2016

Countdown to Babies :: 6 More Days!

Today was my last appointment with the perinatologist. I had hoped to "graduate" from her weeks ago {but ended up in the hospital instead}, so it was nice to finally say goodbye, knowing that we would be having babies within the week. She couldn't believe my OB was making me wait until 38 weeks before she induced {another pitying look when I waddled into the office}.  :)


It was also our last ultrasound before getting to meet Eli and Maddie. Both babies were looking good, growing nice and strong, and still both head down :)  I could not believe that the next time I would see them would be outside the womb, in my arms! 

After my ultrasound, I headed to my last Thursday lunch at McAlister's with Lindsay, the girls, Susan, and Grandma {weekly tradition that I have been invited to!} It will be my last one for awhile, so it was nice to enjoy the company! PK was excited to tell me the "Evi and Maggie" would have the same doctor as her {we are using the same pediatrician, and she had seen him the day before. It's really fun to see her excitement about her cousins. I also got all kinds of fun, sweet {and lovingly handmade} gifts from Lindsay, and I can't wait to clothe, wrap, and care for our babies in all of it!

Sneak peak at the adorableness :)

Today was also a big milestone for me for work. I had hoped that babies would wait until after today to come, simply from a work load standpoint. I had left instructions, and they would have been just fine if babies had come sooner. But today I could breathe a sigh of relief, knowing that the worst of the craziness {quarter end, 2 board meetings} was taken care of. Bring on the babies! :)

**This post was published after our babies were born**


No comments:

Post a Comment