Monday, October 31, 2016

38 Weeks


How far along? 38 weeks {yep...still here waiting on babies!}
Days since transfer: 248 days
Days on bed rest: I got the green light and was able to come OFF bed rest this week!
Total weight gain: +47.0
Maternity clothes? It got even harder this week to find things that would fit. Or maybe I was just more conscious of it because I was up and about and in public after being at home for 5 weeks :)
Sleep: I decided to just sleep when I could. Because I am so big and uncomfortable all the time, it's hard to sleep. So if I am tired and fall asleep, I haven't worried too much about it. Babies are going to be here soon and it's all going to go out the window anyway!
Best moment of the week: Getting the green light to come off bed rest! So just being able to be out, running errands, walking around, doing things {anything!} has been incredibly liberating.
Cravings: McAlister's :) 
Symptoms: Even bigger. Even more uncomfortable. And man, the swollen feet! After not being on my feet much the past 5 weeks, my poor little feet have swelled to crazy proportions. And pretty much my entire body aches at this point. It is just struggling under the extra weight/stress. Almost there...
Labor signs: I had some contractions this week, but {again} nothing notable. Despite all my efforts to try to get babies to come on their own, I am not making much progress. They seem quite comfortable where they are.
Looking forward to: Meeting our babies this week!!

-------

Size of baby? About the size of a spaghetti squash or swiss chard, a ukulele, or a Pomeranian :)
Development: Babies have hair and eye color {though it may change when they are older}. All organs are functioning on their own, and babies are producing more and more surfactant {which helps their air sacs inflate once they are breathing oxygen}.
Heartbeat: At our last ultrasound with the perinatologist, both babies had heart rates in the 140s.
Movement: All baby movements hurt at this point haha. I can feel their little bony elbows and knees, and since they are out of space, all movement is super uncomfortable. 
Current Position: Both babies were still head down, so my OB will let me skip the C-section {unless other complications come up}.



No comments:

Post a Comment