Monday, October 3, 2016

34 Weeks


How far along? 34 weeks {wahoo! made it to our first goal!}
Days since transfer: 220 days
Days on bed rest: 17 days
Total weight gain: +31 {and just like that, the weight is back}  :)
Maternity clothes? Yep. I had some fall maternity clothes that people let me borrow, but on bed rest I don't have many places to wear them. Oh well. As big as I am getting, I'm not sure too many of them would fit anyway haha.
Sleep: The pregnancy insomnia has settled in. Despite my best efforts to not sleep during the day so I can sleep at night, I still find myself up at random hours. Guess my body is just preparing for when I don't know day from night when babies arrive!
Best moment of the week: Hearing the perinatologist say that she is not concerned about Maddie's heart! Also being able to get out into the fresh air for a little bit :)
Cravings: Nope.
Symptoms: Big, achy, and increasingly more uncomfortable. It's so hard to move around these days; even just flipping over in bed is a major feat haha. My back aches, and I have had a lot of indigestion. It's also hard to breathe if babies are on my diaphragm. All the usual symptoms for being 34 weeks with twins :) Good news? Being on bed rest has helped my feet to stop swelling, so that's nice. 
Labor Signs: I have had some contractions this week, but they are few and far between, nothing consistent. It has been easier to identify; they still don't hurt, but I can definitely distinguish the tightening in my abdomen. 
Looking forward to: Meeting our babies!! It could be any day, or it could be a few more weeks, but we are both just so excited to meet them. 

-------

Size of baby? About the size of a savoy cabbage or pineapple, a basketball hoop, or a quokka {an adorable little mammal}
Development: Babies' immune systems are getting stronger! Their lungs, brain, and central nervous system keep rapidly developing. They are also peeing up to a pint a day {!}
Heartbeat: Eli's heart beat was in the 150s and sounding really strong. Maddie's heart sounded SO much better, though she still had a small arrhythmia. The good news is that they're not worried about it. The perinatologist is chalking it up to immaturity, that her heart just needs to develop a little more. They will continue to monitor it, but fully expect it to correct itself. 
Movement: Mr. Eli still moves all the time, and he seems to really like to kick right into my ribs. I found myself fighting with him this week, trying to get him to move away from my ribs, because his kicks are getting stronger and definitely more painful. Miss Maddie worried me a bit with slowing down her movement, but whenever I would drink some orange juice and lay on my side, she let me know she was ok. I am so curious how these habits are going to play out when they arrive :)
Current Position: As of a few days ago, they were both still head down...yes, they could still flip, but I am hopeful I will get to try for a vaginal delivery!
Fundal Height: Last week at my OB appointment it was 39 haha....so HUGE :)



No comments:

Post a Comment