Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Glucose Test

Today I had my glucose test; to make it to this milestone is such a big deal! It's a normal thing for sure, but to make it this far is just another marker in our journey that is a gift from the Lord.

I downed the obligatory sugar drink and waited the hour for my blood draw. I have to say that it really wasn't as bad as people say it is. Would I want to drink more of it? No. But it really just tasted like sugary kid kool-aid. I have definitely had to drink much worse for tests {Golytely for a colonoscopy is WAY worse}.

While I waited, I got my Tdap vaccine and my second Rhogam injection. Today's Rhogam injection hurt much more than my first one, but then I got to hear our babies' heartbeats, so that made it all better :) And my doctor was really glad about my weight gain so far, saying that I was doing really well for a twin pregnancy. Made me feel a little better about the ever-increasing scale number haha.

I should have the results from my glucose test in about a week. I have to say that from a diet standpoint, I am not too worried about it. I eat fairly healthy and have really tried to limit my sugar {read: limit, not eliminate. Give me a break...I'm pregnant!} But since I tested borderline pre-diabetic before our transfer, there is some cause for concern. I will take whatever steps are necessary, I just want to make sure my body is doing what it's supposed to and no complications arise that could affect our babies. So we shall see!

And since I am officially in my third trimester, my OB appointments will increase from once a month to every 2 weeks. We're getting closer! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment