Sunday, August 14, 2016

Showering the Babies :: San Antonio

This weekend, we headed to San Antonio for our first baby shower! We know it's early, but with the unknowns of twins {pre-term labor, bed rest, travel restrictions}, we didn't want to miss out celebrating with our sweet friends and family in San Antonio. So they were gracious to accommodate this first-time, Type-A mama's request for an early date :)

This shower was a combined celebration with family, friends, and our BSF family. It was so special to be in one room with so many prayer warriors who have known our journey and faithfully prayed for our little ones. We felt so blessed and so loved, and I tried to soak up every moment. There was something so special about this day even happening, and I didn't want to take a moment for granted.

The shower was hosted at a beautiful home in the Dominion, and there was no detail overlooked. Guests got to choose from either a bow or bow tie name tag {it was hosted by BSF ladies, after all!}, and were asked to record prayers and verses for our babies in a sweet book. The food was super yummy, and there was plenty of blue and pink! :)



I had 6 sweet hostesses, and I am so thankful for these ladies! Three work with my dad, and are ladies that I have known for many years. One is the wife of a guy who works with my dad {and the owner of the lovely home}, and two are my mom's oldest and dearest friends. So much love and generosity pours out from these ladies!



I loved having so many people I love {and who love us} in one room. So many prayers, so much encouragement and support, and such a sweet blessing to celebrate with them all!

My mom's 2 bestest friends...and the other 2 M&M's from my wedding day! ;)

My aunt and cousin's girlfriend

One of my oldest and dearest friends, and her sweet mom {who used to drive carpool!}

With my beautiful mama :)

People were SO generous to shower our babies with love and gifts. Each guest was asked to bring a book instead of a card, and now our babies have a HUGE library started! And I love that each book is filled with sweet words and prayers over them. So special!

Only about half the gifts we received



And my sweet hubby showed up at the end to help us load the gifts. I loved being able to introduce him to some of the people who made this day so fun and special. Our babies are already so loved!



No comments:

Post a Comment