Thursday, March 31, 2016

Breathing A Sigh of Relief

I mentioned last week that my doctor found a subchorionic hemorrhage {SCH} at our sonogram. She told me to expect spotting through my first trimester because of it. My spotting had stopped last week, but started again last night, and I started to get worried.

I tend to wait too long to address health issues. I wait until things are really bad so I can be sure that there's something legitimate to go in for. Example: I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease in the emergency room...and only because Mike insisted that we go. I don't want to freak out over every little symptom, but with all of our infertility and loss, I can't help but fear the worst. And in this pregnancy, I now have 2 others that I have to take care of. 

So when the bleeding increased from what it had been before, I called my doctor. She suggested that I come in for a sonogram, just to make sure everything was ok. As I drove to the appointment, I kept repeating my memory verse from Shiloh this week:

"The Lord Himself goes before you and will be with you. He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."
~ Deuteronomy 31:8

I didn't know what I was going to be walking into, and I just kept praying for the Lord's strength to face whatever it was.

Jesus was gracious, and I was able to see our little ones again, still growing strong! I let the tears of relief flow. My sweet doctor was incredibly gracious and understanding, saying that I did the right thing by coming in. We will have to monitor the SCH, and I will probably feel worried about it until it resolves, but she was not worried about it at this time. 

So we wait and pray and trust the Lord to take care of our little ones. And we praise Him for how He has already taken care of them so far!


Baby A:
- Measuring 7 weeks + 4 days at 14.26mm
- Heart Rate is 156 bpm

Baby B:
- Measuring 7 weeks + 4 days at 13.13mm
- Heart Rate is 147 bpm


No comments:

Post a Comment