Monday, April 4, 2016

8 Weeks



How far along? 8 weeks 
Days since transfer: 38 days
Meds: day 58 of Estrace, day 45 of progesterone in oil
Total weight gain: -0.2
Maternity clothes? WAY too early...but I only want to wear stretchy pants. Seriously. All other pants are SO uncomfortable.
Sleep: Still sleeping all the time. My energy level is pretty low, and small tasks wear me out. I feel the kind of tired that I did before I started taking B-12 injections. I am just so thankful that I can take a nap in the middle of the day if needed.
Best moment of the week: Getting to see that our babies were growing and doing just fine after we had a bleeding scare.
Miss anything? Not feeling nauseated. It has really settled in now, and I feel pretty bleh all the time.
Cravings: Nothing right now.
Symptoms: Nauseated for most of the day. I vomited once, but that's it so far. 
Looking forward to: Our ultrasound on Thursday!

-------

Size of baby? About the size of a wild strawberry, a gummy bear, or 1/2 a LEGO brick
Development: Webbed fingers and toes are developing, eyes are beginning to gain some pigmentation and color, eyelids are covering their eyes, and teeth are starting to develop. External genitalia are also developing.
Heartbeat: The tiny hearts are beating strong! 4 days ago, baby A's heart rate was 156 bpm and baby B's heart rate was 147 bpm.
Movement: I can't feel it yet, but babies are now making spontaneous movements, twitching their tiny trunks and limb buds.
Gender predictions? We're just hoping for 2 healthy babies! But based on old wives' tales, both babies have heartbeats over 140, so that could mean girls.


**This post was written at 8 Weeks, but was not published until after we made our official announcement. I back-dated to the actual day so we could have all of this for our own records and memories.**


No comments:

Post a Comment