Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Infused Water Wednesday :: Chilaqua Water Bottle Review

Today I'm taking a break from my infused water recipes to do a review of the Chilaqua water bottle.

Find it on Amazon

I have to say that this isn't my favorite water bottle, but I also haven't used any other infuser water bottles. So as far as I know, it may be really great in comparison to others. It's not terrible, but there may be better ones on the market. But for the price, I can live with its deficiencies. 

Pros:
  • Great price at less than $20 {on Amazon}
  • Nice, slim size at 24oz.
  • Good quality construction {high quality plastic, BPA free}
  • Doesn't sweat
  • Convenient, easy to carry lid with handle
  • Easy to use {add fruit, screw on lid, and you're done}


Cons:
  • Infuser Basket Design: the infuser basket doesn't screw in to the bottle, but instead just rests inside. So you have to hold it down with your finger while you drink so that the infuser basket doesn't pop up. 
  • Cleaning: it's not difficult to clean, but you have to be careful to make sure that the infuser basket gets fully clean in the tiny holes {so you don't have pieces of fruit stuck in the holes}, and you have to be sure all pieces are dry so that mold doesn't grow under the screw top. 

Would I have tried to look at other designs more carefully? Maybe. Will I go buy another infused water bottle? Probably not. It's decent for the price, and it's working for me right now. 

The best thing: it's helping me to drink more water! :)



2 comments:

  1. Have you ever thought of using essential oils in your water? I actually love the taste of drinking "plain" water, but now I'm hooked on adding oils! - Nicki :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Others have mentioned that before! They may not be the best thing for my Crohn's intestines, but I'm all for making "plain" water taste better! :)

      Delete