Monday, April 11, 2016

9 Weeks



Today I had my first appointment with my OB. I am still in a transition period from my RE, but will see my OB for check ups and ultrasounds from here on out. Today was a routine exam {no ultrasound or fetal doppler}, to get me re-established with her practice. They took lots of blood, explained to me all about twin pregnancy, went over financial responsibility, etc. My next ultrasound will actually be with a perinatologist since we are having twins, so I get to add another doctor to my list. 

I also had blood work done at my RE's office to monitor my hormone levels and start making a plan for weaning off my Estrace and PIO. I will go back next week to check my levels again and see if I can lower my dosage even more. One more step toward no more shots in my butt! :)

How far along? 9 weeks 
Days since transfer: 45 days
Meds: day 65 of Estrace, day 52 of progesterone in oil {stopped taking Metformin}
Total weight gain: -0.6 
Maternity clothes? Still too early, but I did start using a BeBand with my jeans. They still fit, they're just so uncomfortable. Unbuttoning them makes ALL the difference.
Sleep: I still want to sleep all day, and am trying to sleep as much as I can. Growing 2 babies is exhausting :)
Best moment of the week: Seeing how much our babies had already grown and hearing those beautiful hearts beat!
Miss anything? My rear not being a pin cushion...but hopefully we're getting close to the end.
Cravings: No real cravings, but more aversions. Nothing specific, just certain foods at certain times just seem like a not-so-good idea. But I am still eating NONSTOP.
Symptoms: I had a few days last week where I felt great! So I thought maybe I had reached the end of the nausea. But it definitely returned this weekend. It's still pretty manageable, so I am thankful. 
Looking forward to: Starting to wean off the PIO! and officially "graduating" to my OB {though it's bittersweet, because I LOVE my RE and clinic}

-------

Size of baby? About the size of a grape, a southern pecan, or a jack
Development: Baby is no longer an embryo, but now considered a fetus. The liver, spleen, and gallbladder are forming. Cartilage is forming and bones are growing!
Heartbeat: Such a beautiful sound- the heartbeats are loud enough for us to hear! 4 days ago, baby A's heart rate was 163 bpm and baby B's heart rate was 147 bpm. It's going to be hard to wait another 3 weeks to hear them again!
Movement: I can't feel it yet, but babies are now making spontaneous movements, because their little muscles are growing.
Gender predictions? We're just hoping for 2 healthy babies!


**This post was written at 9 Weeks, but was not published until after we made our official announcement. I back-dated to the actual day so we could have all of this for our own records and memories.**


No comments:

Post a Comment