Friday, April 26, 2013

High Five for Friday!

{one} This week, both of our moms celebrated a birthday! Mike's mom on Tuesday, and my mom on Wednesday. We didn't get to see either one of them for their birthdays this year {so sad}, but we plan to take Mike's mom out for dinner, and my mom will be here for Mother's Day weekend. Happy Birthday month to our sweet moms! :)
 
{two} On Wednesday, Mike and I went to lunch with a sweet lady from Woodcreek. Her kids were in Mike's youth group, and she is now Sasha's vet here in McKinney! It was such a sweet time of catching up with her and sharing an update on our church planting journey. I was reminded of the blessing of having so many supporters. Like we have experienced with so many others, it was an encouragement to hear her excitement and prayers for us, as well as her desire to help us in any way she can as we look to the next steps of the church plant. God is so good!
 
{three} Last night Laura came over for dinner, and it was good to spend time with her. I saw her on Sunday for her shower, but it was nice to have some time to just hang out and talk. While I wish that we lived a little closer {like same zip code closer}, I am so thankful that she is a short {30 minute} car ride away. And she will actually be a slightly shorter {25 minute} car ride away when she gets married! Hey- I will take what I can get ;)
 
{four} I saw this meme on Facebook and I just couldn't resist the urge to post it on my brother's timeline...the child has always been a Lakers fan {not sure what happened, but he is obviously confused}. We grew up in San Antonio, so he should be a Spurs fan. That's how it works.

 
They play again tonight, so it will be fun to continue the series lead! Go Spurs Go! :)
 
{five} Tomorrow our home group is heading over to East McKinney to be a part of a massive Go and Be project. I have been a part of similar projects at other churches and am excited about this opportunity to serve in McKinney. This particular long-term project is a collaborative effort by local churches, the city, 3e McKinney, and Habitat for Humanity. We are working to renovate homes in an East McKinney neighborhood, all with the specific purpose of sharing the gospel with our neighbors.

Happy Friday! I am sure glad it's almost time for the weekend...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment