Thursday, January 29, 2009

A Day for Giving Thanks

Praise God from whom all blessings flow! I had my follow-up appointment this morning with the neuro-opthamologist. All of the tests came back normal- the blood work, the MRI/MRA (we are still waiting on the MRV results, but the doctor is confident those will come back normal as well, based on the MRI and bloodwork). I can't tell you how incredibly relieved I am! I haven't been able to stop praising God for His continued watch care over me!
 
So what's with the swelling on my optic nerves? Well, he thinks it's pseudo papilledema...but he thinks it's just something I was born with. My optic nerves were just made swollen. LOL. Go figure. Always the strange things...he does want me to have vision field testing every 3 months for the next year to make sure nothing changes. And if something changes and/or I develop symptoms of any kind, I will go back to see him for further testing (i.e., spinal tap). But he is unconcerned that anything will develop- he just thinks I was born this way. Who knew?
 
I can't even describe the sense of relief and joy I felt once that burden was lifted from my shoulders. My parents were in tears...haha. They had a lot of pent up nerves. It was such a day of rejoicing and thanking God for His incredible blessings. I firmly believe in the power of prayer and was able to see God's provision and power once again through all of the prayers lifted up over just this one request. It was such a sweet blessing to be able to rejoice with friends and family over His answer to prayer. So thank you for all of your prayers and encouragement over the past few weeks. I cannot tell you how much they mean to me.
 
I am still waiting to hear about the job...we're still praying for that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment