Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Blockbuster Deals

Ok. I really like watching movies. Usually it is an inexpensive form of entertainment. Going to the movie theatre was out of the question a long time ago...normal prices around here are $9.50!!! Ridiculous. So you won't find me at a movie theatre very often. So that leaves good old Blockbuster. I have to wait until the movies come out, so I am usually behind, but I'm not picky. There are those red boxes in grocery stores and at McDonald's, but there's always a line and the machines always seem to malfunction. So I stick with Blockbuster. But even they got too expensive. Then I discovered OnDemand with Verizon Fios- it was the same price as renting at Blockbuster, but I didn't have to worry about getting the DVD back to the store. Genius.

But now....my Blockbuster has implemented a new rental policy. Only $1.99 per night! So renting movies is not out of the budget anymore! The only stipulation is that I have to make sure to return it the next day, but I usually only rent on the same day I plan to watch anyway. Apparently, a lot of people are upset about it because there is no 7 day grace period anymore for returns. That's dumb. If you can't turn it in on time, you should be charged a late fee. Libraries do it. Lol. Anyway, I don't know if this is nationwide, but I am sure glad my Blockbuster implemented the new rental policy.


Currently Watching: Eagle Eye

No comments:

Post a Comment