Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Prayers for the President

I cannot let this day pass without posting about the Inauguration of the 44th President of the United States. It is such a historic day that I would be remiss if I did not. I am so thankful to be present at such an important moment in history. I thank God for the service and sacrifice of President George W. Bush. Regardless of your political affiliation, or how you voted, the fact remains that as of today, we have a new president and a new administration. God has placed this leader in the highest office of this great land. And as such, President Obama deserves our honor and respect.
Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God." ~ Romans 13:1
 
And President Obama needs our prayers. My mom had sent me a link to The Presidential Prayer Team. They are committed to praying for the leadership of this country, specifically for the 1st 100 days (which are the most crucial). You can sign up for weekly emails, which include the current needs of the President and his cabinet. I have been praying for now-President Barack Obama since Election Day. I would encourage you to sign up for these emails.
 
I challenge you to join with me to pray for President Barack Obama and Michelle Obama, Vice President Joe Biden and Jill Biden, as they now step up to serve our nation, taking leadership at a crucial moment in our national life. As the two men take the oath of office, pray that the Spirit of God will be there, reminding them of His indwelling power and grace for every situation. Pray that the President would make his decisions based on Biblical truth. Pray (as Pastor Rick Warren prayed) that he has "the wisdom to lead us with humility, the courage to lead us with integrity, the compassion to lead us with generosity."

No comments:

Post a Comment