Thursday, August 16, 2018

38 Weeks



How far along?
 38 weeks
Days since transfer: 247 days
Total weight gain: +34.0
Maternity clothes? Still the same...but really, whatever will fit :)
Sleep: Still getting up in the middle of the night to pee. I am staying up a bit later, and am able to sleep until about 4pm...and then seem to be up for the day. I guess that's better than being up from 2am-4/5am? Blah.
Best moment of the week: Getting more freezer meals done! We are at full capacity in our freezer, so we are all set for when he arrives...and I am thankful, because all the extra meal prep hasn't been my favorite. But I know I will appreciate it a month or two from now :)
Cravings: Jimmy Johns veggie sandwich. I still ate an obscene amount of food this week, so I am not surprised at all by the last minute weight gain...
Symptoms: Large and uncomfortable. Still not quite to the extent of the twins, but since I am not on bed rest, I am pretty tired and achy by the end of the day. He is definitely sitting on my bladder pretty much all day, and it can be pretty uncomfortable to sit in certain positions because he is so low.
Labor Signs: Nothing this week. I mean, I have had some contractions, but they are back to here and there, nothing consistent {though they seem to be a little stronger}. After all that panic last week that he could come at any minute, we made zero progress and I saw no other signs of labor coming. So who knows when he'll make his debut. I'll go back to my OB tomorrow to see if I have made any progress at all.
Looking forward to: My OB appointment tomorrow! I am really hoping I have dilated a little further...I'm ready to meet this sweet boy!

-------

Size of baby? About the size of a gallon of ice cream or bucket of fried chicken, an Oscar statuette, or a beach ball {LOL- yep}
Development: All systems are almost go! He is continuing to shed vernix and lanugo, and he's swallowing amniotic fluid. His lungs are still maturing and producing more and more surfactant. He's continuing to add fat and fine-tune his brain and nervous system.
Heartbeat: Looking forward to hearing it again tomorrow...it just won't ever get old :)
Movement: He's still moving quite a bit. Lots of hiccups and belly rolls!
Current Position: Head down!

38 weeks- twin pregnancy - this was the last bump photo before Eli and Maddie were born! I thought it would be fun to compare the 2 bumps in the same outfit...definitely a little smaller this time around :)


No comments:

Post a Comment