Thursday, August 23, 2018

39 Weeks


How far along? 39 weeks
Days since transfer: 254 days
Total weight gain: +35.0
Maternity clothes? I'm just trying to make it to the end fully clothed haha! I am definitely wearing the same 2 to 3 things over and over, simply because they {mostly} fit. I have officially outgrown most of my maternity clothes, but refuse to buy anything else...because he could come ANY day now! My belly is even starting to hang out from underneath some of Mike's t-shirts...haha.
Sleep: I have actually been sleeping fairly well most nights. I have been napping in the afternoons when the babies nap, so I still have some insomnia at night, but it hasn't been too bad. I am feeling pretty sleepy throughout the day, and feel like I could sleep all day...too bad I can't! :)
Best moment of the week: Hitting full term! Getting my major work to-do's done! Also, learning that we have at least made some progress! It hasn't resulted in actual labor yet {which is frustrating}, but at least I know we're getting closer...even if it's slower than I would like :)
Cravings: I haven't been as hungry, mostly because I have felt nauseated off and on. But I am drinking a TON of ice water, and I am starting to crave sushi, because I am close to being able to eat it again!
Symptoms: Large, uncomfortable, hot. My fingers are pretty swollen, especially in the mornings, and feel a little arthritic for a lot of the day. My feet started swelling today after I had been up and walking around in the heat for a good portion of the day, but sitting with them up for a bit seemed to help. All the signs that labor is impending...
Labor Signs: Oh man. I had one full day of contractions, back pain, hot flashes, nausea...all the signs pointed to him coming at any moment. But I have had absolutely zero labor symptoms for the past 6 days...he is hanging on to the bitter end! Despite that crazy day of "almost" labor, I am still dilated at 3cm, 50% effaced.
Looking forward to: Meeting this silly little boy :) Come on out, Aiden. We're excited to meet you whenever you're ready!

-------

Size of baby? About the size of the body of a 4/4 violin, a full rack of pork back ribs, or a box of a dozen Krispy Kreme donuts
Development: While his body isn't growing as much, his brain is. It's already 30% bigger than it was just four weeks ago! His skin has now finally changed from pink to white, because a thicker fat layer has been deposited over the blood vessels.
Heartbeat: Was in the 150s at my OB appointment on Tuesday.
Movement: Still moving all the time. His movements are increasingly more painful, as I feel his little knees and elbows.
Current Position: Head down, station -2


No comments:

Post a Comment