Thursday, May 17, 2018

25 Weeks


I feel like the realization of becoming a mama of 3 is starting to really hit me. I have had several people ask me if this is my first baby, and I just smile and say, "It's actually my third." And it just seems SO SURREAL. To actually say that I am going to have 3 babies is just something I never thought I would get to say. There was a long time when I wasn't sure if I would every have ONE baby, and now, here I am, saying that I am having my third. And I still can hardly believe it. The Lord has been so gracious and kind to us, and I am feeling so overwhelmed by all that He has done. I am having ALL the feels, and just feel so very, very thankful...

How far along? 25 weeks
Days since transfer: 156 days
Total weight gain: +17.0
Maternity clothes? Yep. I am a little surprised at how quickly I am already starting to outgrow some of my maternity clothes...so much for a smaller bump with one!
Sleep: This week I have slept great! But that's probably because of the Robitussin Nighttime I have been taking for my cold/cough. That stuff knocks me out, ensuring a good night's sleep, and I am sure it's the only reason I am still standing at the end of the day. 
Best moment of the week: Grandma came into town! It has been so nice to have my mom here. I appreciate the extra hands, and Eli and Maddie are basically in heaven :)
Cravings: I was trying to figure out what the substitute for a bean and cheese taco would be, and there just isn't anything. For the most part I can have a substitute {turkey burgers/dogs, baked fries, etc.}, but you can't really substitute refried beans. And a cheese taco is just that...a cheese taco, not a bean and cheese taco. So of course, that just made me want a bean and cheese taco more haha.
Symptoms: I have felt pretty sluggish this week, still because of my cough/cold. This cough seems to be lingering, and it just makes me exhausted. I can feel the beginnings of sciatic pain, and I am just praying the cough doesn't make it fully set in yet. Because that's no fun.
Looking forward to: Having a 3 day weekend with Mike! He has been traveling a lot for work {part of the reason for Grandma's visit}, so we are looking forward to having him home for an extended weekend!

-------

Size of baby? About the size of a popped bag of microwave popcorn, the head of Thor's hammer, or a wide-brimmed fedora 
Development: Baby boy is growing by leaps and bounds! His skin is turning pinker because capillaries are forming under the skin and filling with blood. His lungs are still very much a work in progress; they are starting to produce surfactant {which helps the lungs expand with oxygen after baby is born}, but they are still too undeveloped to sufficiently send oxygen to the bloodstream and release carbon dioxide when he exhales. But his nostrils and nose are starting to work this week, which is allowing him to at least start practicing breathing.
Heartbeat: Looking forward to hearing it again next week!
Movement: He's moving all the time! It's weird to feel him in his breach position.
Gender Predictions? It's a BOY! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment