Thursday, May 10, 2018

24 Weeks


How far along? 24 weeks
Days since transfer: 149 days
Total weight gain: +15.0
Maternity clothes? Yep! I like that I have a ready-made wardrobe waiting for me already!
Sleep: This week has been difficult because I have been sick. I got a pretty bad cold, so sleep has been a bit more elusive with all the congestion and coughing. Not super fun. But I finally got some approved cough medicine ideas from my OB and slept solid last night!
Best moment of the week: Reaching viability! This is such a huge milestone in pregnancy, and while my anxiety has been lower in this pregnancy than the last, there's always that tiny worry in the back of my head. Jesus holds this little life in His hands, but there is reassurance in knowing that we wouldn't have to fight for medical care at this point if something happened. Also, picking out Aiden's nursery fabric!! 
Cravings: Nothing specific this week.
Symptoms: I have had a cold this week, so I have felt pretty miserable. For the record, coughing during pregnancy is NO BUENO. I have felt a lot of aches and pains this week, but think I am at least headed back in the right direction health-wise.
Looking forward to: Grandma is coming!!!  :)

-------

Size of baby? About the size of a Philly cheesesteak or a French press 
Development: Baby boy's brain cells have matured enough to develop conscious thought and, most likely, memory. He is busy growing organs, bones, muscle, and accumulating all that adorable baby fat. His face is almost fully formed, complete with eyelashes, eyebrows, and hair. He can hear all kinds of sounds now...including the crazy antics of his brother and sister!
Heartbeat: Looking forward to hearing that sound again at the end of the month!
Movement: He's a busy little boy! He is pretty consistently active throughout the day, with most of his activity in the afternoon and evening. It definitely feels different with just one, and different with him being breach right now. But I will never get tired of the sweet kicks and rolls :)
Gender Predictions? It's a BOY! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment