Monday, July 25, 2016

24 Weeks


How far along? 24 weeks
Days since transfer: 150 days
Total weight gain: +19.6
Maternity clothes? Mostly maternity clothes now. My baby bump is growing like crazy!
Sleep: Sleep was a little more sporadic this week. I have started hitting a wall during the day where I just can't keep my eyes open. So I end up taking a quick cat nap. Not sure if that's babies or the heat {or both}. But I am SO thankful that I am able to sleep when I need to.
Best moment of the week: Seeing our babies again at our perinatology appointment, and hearing that they are growing well, and looking good :)
Cravings: Ice water. We hit 100 degree temps this week {and our a/c went out}, so I have been chugging all the ice water I can get my hands on.
Symptoms: Still feeling really good! It is getting a little bit more difficult to move around, due to my ever growing bump. But I guess that just comes with the territory :)
Looking forward to: Getting our a/c fixed! Ha! Being pregnant makes tolerating the 100 degree temps without a/c a little more challenging.

-------

Size of baby? About the size of a garden eggplant or an ear of corn, a demi-baguette, a GI Joe, or Atlantic puffin :)
Development: Babies are starting to develop taste buds and their lungs are developing significantly. Even as twins, they are considered viable at this stage {such a huge milestone!} They gained about a quarter of a pound of bones, muscle, and fat this week, and their skin is a bit pinker due to the appearance of capillaries.
Heartbeat: Baby A's {baby boy} heart rate was 136 bpm, and Baby B's {baby girl} heart rate was 167 bpm at 23 weeks + 2 days. Nice and strong!
Movement: Babies are moving all the time now. The ultrasound tech was able to tell me how they were positioned, and it made perfect sense for where I feel their kicks. Baby boy definitely moves and kicks WAY more than his sister. They are starting to develop a semi-routine, so I feel them about the same times each day. It is SO weird that my belly literally moves/pops when they kick. 
Gender: We're having a BOY and a GIRL :)




1 comment: