Monday, July 4, 2016

21 Weeks


How far along? 21 weeks
Days since transfer: 129 days
Total weight gain: +14.8
Maternity clothes? Yep! The challenge this week? Swimsuits. There's something quite hilarious about a preggo putting on a fabric that resembles a whale. Just saying...
Sleep: Sleep was more elusive this week. I found myself passing out pretty fast, but then waking to pee a few hours later, only to be wide awake. Like ready to start the day, do something productive, can't fall back asleep for several hours kind of awake. Several times I have woken up hungry {never in my life have I eaten in the middle of the night}. I'm hoping my good sleep comes back so I can have a little more time before this middle-of-the-night waking becomes my new normal ;)
Best moment of the week: Registering for babies! Such a fun day. One we weren't sure we would ever have, and one for which we are just so thankful. 
Cravings: Popsicles! I have been making fresh fruit popsicles, and I want to eat them all day long. I don't {eat them all day long}, but it sure sounds nice on these hot summer days.
Symptoms: Baby Boy has either taken up residence on, or decided to constantly kick, my bladder, so I have made a lot of trips to the bathroom. This week I also started to feel "big." Which I realize is laughable since I am only halfway... I do pretty well through the morning, but by mid-afternoon, I am feeling more tired and my body feels the strain of two babies on my abdomen. I find myself stopping whatever I am doing to sit and relax until Mike gets home.
Looking forward to: Sitting on the beach with my book and an ice cold drink :)

-------

Size of baby? About the size of a banana, least weasel, or baseball cap
Development: Babies' taste buds are starting to develop, and they have their own little routines of sleep and play. They are super wrinkly right now, which will allow internal expansion and the baby fat to start settling in.
Heartbeat: Supposedly you can hear them now with a stethoscope...anyone have one we can borrow? :)
Movement: Definitely feeling them more. I got to feel someone's bout of hiccups this week!
Gender: We're having a BOY and a GIRL :)



No comments:

Post a Comment