Monday, July 18, 2016

23 Weeks


How far along? 23 weeks
Days since transfer: 143 days
Total weight gain: +17.0
Maternity clothes? Yep! It's amazing to me how quickly my belly is growing and how I am even starting to grow out of some maternity clothes.
Sleep: I have actually been sleeping really well. I didn't have my Snoogle with me in San Diego, but was still comfortable. Because we walked everywhere, I think I was just so worn out at the end of the day, that I just crashed and slept through the night with no problem.
Best moment of the week: Spending the week in San Diego with family! And celebrating 5 years with my love.
Cravings: Ice cream. But you would crave it too, if you smelled the waffle cones...  :)
Symptoms: I have felt really great this week. I do seem to feel a tightness in my belly when it starts to stretch again. And my poor little belly button is looking pretty scary these days...SO stretched out haha. Bending over is pretty much out of the question these days. I have to take a deep breath to tie my shoes because my diaphragm gets squished when I bend over to tie my shoes. So funny, and so strange! But I feel good, so I am so thankful!
Looking forward to: Seeing our babies again at our perinatologist appointment!

-------

Size of baby? About the size of a papaya or bunch of grapes, a Barbie fashion doll, or a chinchilla :)
Development: Babies' tiny faces are fully formed, and they are getting ready to start gaining their baby fat {translation: growth spurt!} Their blood vessels are developing, especially in their lungs. The noises they hear are becoming less fuzzy and more distinguishable, so they are more reactive to sounds.
Heartbeat: Looking forward to hearing that sweet sound this week!
Movement: Babies are moving all the time now. And I absolutely love it. I can tell the kicks are getting stronger, but they're not bothering me yet. I love feeling them move, and I love when Mike gets to feel them too. Best. Feeling. Ever.
Gender: We're having a BOY and a GIRL :)




No comments:

Post a Comment