Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Nursery Reveal

I had so much fun designing and organizing the nursery! I had hoped and dreamed and prayed that I would be able to decorate {and fill} a nursery, and the Lord was gracious in allowing me to do that. This space was a labor of love and prayers.

I knew I wanted to do neutral colors, regardless of whether babies were boys/girls. And then I just decided to choose colors that I enjoyed, because babies aren't going to remember, and I will spend a lot of time in this room...might as well enjoy it myself!

You got to see a sneak peak of the main part of the nursery, but I thought I would share the rest of it, as well as the specific projects I have been working on. Of course, my photos are not as good as the professional photographer, but you get the idea :)

It's not as cute/pretty now that we installed the cameras, but we have to keep an eye on babies ;)

For the safety conscious...we already have a plan to tack off the curtains so they're not touching the crib. Gotta keep Maddie safe!

Baby Quilts
This was at the top of my list. My sister-in-law has been patiently teaching me how to sew, and I knew this was a project she could help me tackle. I am pretty excited about my first quilting project! I chose a super basic design {straight lines, my friends...nice and simple}, but I loved the way they turned out!

Materials: fabric {JoAnn's + Hobby Lobby}, thread, batting
Tools: sewing machine, adhesive spray
Total Project Cost: $75 total for both quilts

Crib Skirt + Crib Runner
Maddie has a crib skirt, but Eli has a crib runner haha. Mike refused to have his boy have a skirt. And hers is definitely more girly anyway :)

I used this tutorial for hers and this tutorial for his. I made some adjustments to fit our cribs, and I actually only did 2 sides, since our cribs are up against the walls. I sewed in ribbon ties so they could be adjustable as the crib height is adjusted {kind of like in this tutorial}.

Materials: fabric {JoAnn's + Hobby Lobby}, thread, ribbon
Tools: sewing machine
Total Project Cost: $20 total for both

Ribbon Garland
This was actually one of my first projects, back when I first decided on nursery colors. It was so simple; just cut the ribbon strips, tie them on the twine, and you're done!

Materials: ribbon {varying designs}, twine
Tools: scissors
Total Project Cost: $20 {because I used so many different ribbons...I even used coupons and waited for 50% off sales too}

Wooden Growth Chart
I recruited Mike to help me with this project. I could have done all the sanding, but he graciously did it for me! I just stained the board and added the vinyl letters. I used this silhouette file {it's free for personal use} for the numbers, but it would be super simple to create on your own with your own font.

Materials: 1 cedar board {3/4" x 6" x 6 ft}, wood stain, vinyl
Tools: paint brush, silhouette cameo
Total Project Cost: $10

Nursery Wall Art
A few pieces that I worked on, courtesy of my Silhouette Cameo. These photos are courtesy of Jillian Zamora from our maternity shoot :)

Materials: 4 Ikea frames, fabric, gold paper
Tools: silhouette cameo, printer, Keynote program
Total Project Cost: $10

Materials: 8x8 wood artist boards, acrylic paint, vinyl, large wooden letters
Tools: paint brush, painter's tape, silhouette cameo
Total Project Cost: $25 {for all 4 boards and both wooden letters}

Remembrance Wall Art
I knew I wanted to have some sort of remembrance art for the sweet little ones we lost last year. So I decided to put the art I had already created in a frame.

Materials: 1 IKEA frame, white cardstock
Tools: Keynote program, printer
Total Project Cost: $1.00 {I already had the frame}

No comments:

Post a Comment